Estates & Campus Services (E&CS) has one of the broadest remits of estates departments within the UK Higher Education sector. In addition to the traditional sector remit, E&CS is responsible for a significant part of the University’s commercial activities, for corporate safety, operational risk, procurement, business continuity and environmental sustainability.
The E&CS vision is to provide professional, customer focused, efficient and effective services which anticipate, support and add value to the core activities and mission of the University.
E&CS is the largest support service area within the University and over 300 staff are involved in the management and development of the estate and grounds, the management of student residential accommodation, facilities management (security, cleaning, mail, parking etc.), procurement, conferencing and event management, and operational risk & environmental sustainability.
The objectives of Estates & Campus Services are:
• to support and facilitate the University’s mission and strategic objectives by reviewing and adapting the estate to ensure that the appropriate type, quality and mix of facilities are provided;
• to support the University’s core services by providing reliable, resilient and cost effective facilities and operational services;
• to maintain the estate to ensure stewardship of the physical asset, legal compliance, the management of risk, long term value for money and sustainability;
• to maintain and operate the estate so that it contributes to the University’s brand and reputation – including the provision of an attractive and safe place to study, work and visit and enhancing both the student experience and engagement with the local community;
• to deliver good practice in terms of environmental management and sustainable development;
• to optimise commercial business opportunities and, by doing so, to contribute to the University’s financial sustainability